File — Box: 3, Folder: 7
Identifier: Folder 7
Correspondence in this series was pulled from the boxes of Plantz's letters and used in William Raney's book, The History of Lawrence University, 1847-1925. Letters include information on the new Chapel and that it is named in honor of Dr. Naylor’s deceased wife, property owned by the college, and the support of the faculty in giving President Plantz a vacation. Letters between William Harper, Dean of the Conservatory of Music, and Plantz are also included. The essay, “Our Need of the Productive Scholar,” written by Plantz in 1912 is also included. Recommendations made by Plantz regarding the future Institute of Paper Chemistry are also included. The letters were arranged chronologically by Raney. Handwriting on the letters is that of Raney.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
From the Collection: 16.40 Linear Feet (18 boxes and 1 oversize folder)