Landis-Peabody Health Center Collection
This collection consists of records documenting the planning, construction, and dedication of the Landis-Peabody Health Center, dating from 1954 to 2013. Records include articles, contracts and payments, correspondence, and photographs.
- Lawrence University (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights and copyright reside with Lawrence University. For uses beyond those allowed for fair use under U. S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.), please contact the University Archivist.
0.40 Linear Feet
Biographical or Historical Information
The Health Center was constructed in 1965-1966 as an attachment to the north wing of Colman Hall. The second floor of the center was officially named the Emma Peabody Infirmary for Women, to satisfy the terms of George F. Peabody's will, written in 1909, designating $92,000 for a women's infirmary. Building costs totaled approximately $376,000. In 1972, the Health Center was rededicated in honor of Dr. Ralph V. Landis, university physician from 1926 to 1972.
Method of Acquisition
Most materials acquired over time, prior to 2005. Remodeling contract, 2013, transferred by Lynn Hagee with accession 2018-12.
Processed by Erin Dix, 2014.
- Archon Finding Aid Title
- Description rules
- Language of description