Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Shared Box 26

 Container

Contains 11 Collections and/or Records:

Architect's sketch and blueprints, 1925-1928

 File — Container: Shared Box 26
Identifier: Folder Oversized
Scope and Contents Stored with oversized materials.

Architect's sketch, 1889

 File — Container: Shared Box 26
Identifier: Folder Oversized
Scope and Contents Stored with oversized materials.

Floor plans, 1889

 File — Container: Shared Box 26
Identifier: Folder Oversized2
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of materials documenting the history of Lawrence University's residence halls. Ormsby Hall was the first dorm built at Lawrence in 1889, and Hiett Hall is the most current dorm and was built in 2003. Materials in the collection include articles, building plans, correspondence, photographs, and information regarding construction and renovations.

Correspondence, Phillip/Watts, 1939-1940

 File — Multiple Containers
Identifier: Folder 13
Scope and Contents Floor plans removed from this folder and stored with oversized materials.

Blueprints, circa 1930-1940

 File — Container: Shared Box 26
Scope and Contents This collection is composed of materials documenting the history of Main Hall, Lawrence University's main college building that was built in 1853. Correspondence, newspaper clippings, programs, and photographs are included in the collection.

Renovation floor plans, 1973

 File — Container: Shared Box 26
Scope and Contents This collection is composed of materials documenting the history of Main Hall, Lawrence University's main college building that was built in 1853. Correspondence, newspaper clippings, programs, and photographs are included in the collection.

521 East College Avenue, Sampson House, floor plans, circa 1937-1943

 File — Container: Shared Box 26
Identifier: 1
Scope and Contents This collection contains materials documenting the houses on the Lawrence University campus, both those currently owned as well as those razed or no longer owned by Lawrence. Materials primarily include correspondence, newspaper articles, and photographs.

Detail sheets, 1974

 File — Container: Shared Box 26
Identifier: 3
Scope and Contents This collection consists of materials documenting the planning, construction, and renovation of library buildings at Lawrence University. These buildings include the Carnegie Library (1906-1962), the Samuel Appleton-Carnegie Library (1962-1974), and the Seeley G. Mudd Library (1974-present). Correspondence, newspaper clippings, planning documents, contracts, dedication programs, and photographs are included in the collection.

Seating plan, circa 1965

 File — Container: Shared Box 26
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of materials documenting the history of Banta Bowl, the site of Lawrence University football games and other athletic events. The Lawrence Bowl was built in 1965 and renamed Banta Bowl in 1978. Correspondence, newspaper clippings, programs, and photographs are included in the collection.

Alterations floor plans, 1948

 File — Container: Shared Box 26
Identifier: 1
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of materials documenting the history of Alexander Gymnasiums I and II. The first gymnasium was built in 1901, and the second one was built in 1929. Correspondence, newspaper clippings, programs, and photographs are included in the collection.