Log In | Contact Us
Browse: Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Past Buildings Collection

Overview

Scope and Contents

Administrative Information

Detailed Description

Box 1



Contact us about this collection

Past Buildings Collection, 1847-1996 | Lawrence University Archives

Printer-friendly Printer-friendly | Email Us Contact Us About This Collection

Collection Overview

Title: Past Buildings Collection, 1847-1996View associated digital content.

ID: LU-RG08/012

Primary Creator: Lawrence University Archives

Extent: 0.4 Linear Feet. More info below.

Arrangement: Materials are arranged alphabetically by building, then by format.

Subjects: Academy building, Lawrence University -- Buildings, Peabody Hall of Music, Underwood Observatory

Forms of Material: correspondence, newspaper clippings, photographic prints

Languages: English

Scope and Contents of the Materials

This collection consists of materials documenting four academic buildings that no longer exist on the Lawrence University campus: the Academy (or Institute) building, Music Hall (or Peabody/Conservatory Annex), Peabody Hall of Music, and the Underwood Observatory. Materials primarily include correspondence, newspaper articles, and photographs.

Subject/Index Terms

Academy building
Lawrence University -- Buildings
Peabody Hall of Music
Underwood Observatory

Administrative Information

Repository: Lawrence University Archives

Alternate Extent Statement: 1 box

Access Restrictions: Collection is open for research.

Use Restrictions: Property rights and copyright reside with Lawrence University.  For permissions to reproduce or to publish, please contact the University Archivist.

Acquisition Method: Materials were collected and placed in the Archives vertical file prior to July 2005. The donor and source of the materials is unknown.

Preferred Citation: Past Buildings Collection. LU-RG08-012. Lawrence University Archives, Seeley G. Mudd Library, Appleton, Wisconsin.

Processing Information: Preliminary processing completed prior to 2005 and by Julia Stringfellow in 2010. Final processing and finding aid completed by Erin Dix, 2012.


Box and Folder Listing


Browse by Box:

[Box 1],
[All]

Box 1
Series 1: Academy building
Folder 1: Correspondence, 1947-1997
Folder 2: Information on building and Preparatory Department, 1847-1942
Folder 3: Memorial plaque, articles and photographs, 1956-1966View associated digital content.
Folder 4: Pictures, undatedView associated digital content.
Series 2: Music Hall
Folder 5: Information and photographs, 1906-1910View associated digital content.
Series 3: Peabody Hall of Music
Folder 6: Articles, dedication week programs, and seating plans, 1910-1959
Folder 7: Correspondence regarding selling the property after completion of Music-Drama Center, 1957-1960
Folder 8: Photographs, 1910-1959View associated digital content.
Series 4: Underwood Observatory
Folder 9: Articles, 1889-1996
Folder 10: Cornerstone contents, letter and list, 1891-1963
Folder 11: Inventories, 1899-1924
Folder 12: Photographs, circa 1893-circa 1920View associated digital content.
Folder 13: Photographs, circa 1920-1963View associated digital content.
Folder 14: Subscription lists, 1889-1891


Page Generated in: 0.112 seconds (using 211 queries).
Using 3.09MB of memory. (Peak of 3.71MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-1
Copyright ©2012 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign