Shattuck Hall of Music Collection
This collection consists of materials documenting the planning and construction of Shattuck Hall of Music, as well as the coincident renovation of the Memorial Chapel. Correspondence, meeting minutes, building specifications and plans, operational manuals, architectural renderings, photographs, and dedication materials are included. Materials date from 1989 to 1994.
- Lawrence University (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights and copyright reside with Lawrence University. For uses beyond those allowed for fair use under U. S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.), please contact the University Archivist.
1.65 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Biographical or Historical Information
The Shattuck Hall of Music, opened in September 1991, connects the Music-Drama Center with the Memorial Chapel. It provides classroom space, two large rehearsal rooms, jazz and percussion studios, faculty studios, practice rooms, student study areas, the Carl J. Waterman Ensemble Music Library, instrument storage, and a recording studio. The hall was named for Ruth Harwood Shattuck, Lawrence graduate of 1906 and member of the Board of Trustees from 1920 to 1971.
Method of Acquisition
Operational manuals transferred from the Conservatory Office in August, 2007. Other materials acquired prior to July 2005.
Minimally processed by Erin Dix, 2015. Fully processed by Erin Dix, 2018.
- Archon Finding Aid Title
- Description rules
- Language of description