LU-RG08. Buildings and Grounds
Records in this group include materials related to buildings and grounds owned by Lawrence, both current and past.
Found in 25 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of materials documenting the history of Stephenson Hall of Science, the home of the Lawrence science department from when it was built in 1898 until it was razed in 1998. Correspondence, newspaper clippings, programs, contracts, and photographs are included in the collection. Materials on the 1948 renovation of the building are also included.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of materials documenting the planning and building of the Warch Campus Center, which opened in the fall of 2009. Subject files concerning various aspects of the project, including publicity, communications with the neighborhood, the building of the land bridge and river walk, accompanying Sage Hall renovations, and the LEED certification process, make up the bulk of the collection. Architectural project manuals, month end construction reports, and planning committee...
Scope and Contents This collection consists of records documenting the planning, construction, and dedication of the Wriston Art Center, dating from 1981 to 1990. Records include articles, correspondence, architectural records, and photographs.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of records documenting the planning, construction, dedication, and renovation of Youngchild Hall, dating from 1962 to 2001. Records include articles, contracts, correspondence, and photographs.