Skip to main content

Past Buildings Collection

Identifier: LU-RG08-012
This collection consists of materials documenting four academic buildings that no longer exist on the Lawrence University campus: the Academy (or Institute) building, Music Hall (or Peabody/Conservatory Annex), Peabody Hall of Music, and the Underwood Observatory. Materials primarily include correspondence, newspaper articles, and photographs.


  • 1847-1996


Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Conditions Governing Use

Property rights and copyright reside with Lawrence University. For uses beyond those allowed for fair use under U. S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.), please contact the University Archivist.


0.40 Linear Feet (1 box)

Arrangement Note

Materials are arranged alphabetically by building, then by format.

Method of Acquisition

Materials were collected and placed in the Archives vertical file prior to July 2005. The donor and source of the materials is unknown.

Processing Information

Preliminary processing completed prior to 2005 and by Julia Stringfellow in 2010. Final processing and finding aid completed by Erin Dix, 2012.
Archon Finding Aid Title
Description rules
Language of description

Repository Details

Part of the Lawrence University Archives Repository

Seeley G. Mudd Library
113 South Lawe Street
Appleton WI 54911 US
(920) 832-6753