Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Box 2

 Container

Contains 40 Collections and/or Records:

607 East Alton Street, correspondence and residential data card, 1948-1949

 File — Box: 2, Folder: 1
Identifier: Folder 1
Scope and Contents The house was purchased by Lawrence and demolished in July 1949 to make room for Worcester Art Center.

715 East Alton Street, correspondence, 1939

 File — Box: 2, Folder: 2
Identifier: Folder 2
Scope and Contents Lawrence purchased the house around 1939. The house is not listed as being currently owned by Lawrence.

720 East Alton Street, correspondence, 1948-1962

 File — Box: 2, Folder: 3
Identifier: Folder 3
Scope and Contents Lawrence purchased the house in 1962 from Bill Riker. The house is not listed as being currently owned by Lawrence.

721 East Alton Street, correspondence, 1940

 File — Box: 2, Folder: 4
Identifier: Folder 4
Scope and Contents The house was purchased by Lawrence around 1940 and demolished at an unknown date.

724 East Alton Street, correspondence, 1965

 File — Box: 2, Folder: 5
Identifier: Folder 5
Scope and Contents Lawrence purchased the house in 1965 from Lawrence professor Maurice Cunningham. The house was located where Downer Commons currently is and was torn down before Downer was built in 1968.

745 East Alton Street, East House, correspondence and residential data card, circa 1950-1987

 File — Box: 2, Folder: 6
Identifier: Folder 6
Scope and Contents Elmer Dunn was the owner of the house until it was purchased by Lawrence. The house was demolished sometime after 1987.

East College Avenue, Asten Hill House, article, 1966

 File — Box: 2, Folder: 7
Identifier: Folder 7
Scope and Contents The house stood where Kohler Hall currently is, and was demolished in 1966 to make room for the building. Address unknown.

618 East College Avenue, Lawe House, correspondence and photographs, circa 1945-1956

 File — Box: 2, Folder: 8
Identifier: Folder 8
Scope and Contents The house was built sometime before 1886 and owned by J.A. Hawes. The Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity chapter purchased the house in 1923. After they moved out in 1941, it was used as a women's dormitory and known as Lawe House. The house was demolished in 1960.

727 East College Avenue, correspondence, 1965-1966

 File — Box: 2, Folder: 9
Identifier: Folder 9
Scope and Contents John Jacquot was the owner of the house when Lawrence purchased the house and demolished it sometime after 1966.

739 East College Avenue, correspondence and residential data card, 1966-1988

 File — Box: 2, Folder: 10
Identifier: Folder 10
Scope and Contents Davis was the owner of the house when it was purchased by Lawrence in the late 1960s and used as apartments for Lawrence employees until it was demolished sometime after 1988.