Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract This collection is composed of the papers that document the presidency of Nathan Pusey, president of Lawrence University from 1944-1953. Materials include both incoming and outgoing correspondence of Pusey, speeches he gave while at Lawrence University, and photographs of Pusey while he was at Lawrence and when he visited Lawrence after leaving as president. The inauguration of Pusey is documented through programs, photographs, and correspondence. Articles, correspondence, and photographs of...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection consists of records pertaining to the Navy V-12 training unit established at Lawrence during World War II. Records include reports, articles, photographs, a directory, commencement materials, staff information, and correspondence. Administrative planning records related to the war effort pre-dating the establishment of the Navy V-12 unit at Lawrence, including applications to other federal programs, are also included.
Scope and Contents This collection is composed of the papers of Thomas N. Barrows, Dean of Lawrence College from 1935 to 1937 and President from 1937 to 1943. The bulk of the collection is correspondence sent and received dating from his tenure as President. Subjects discussed include the construction of the fraternity quadrangle and the administration of the college during the outbreak and early years of World War II. The collection also includes speeches, publications, and photographs.
- Subject: World War, 1939-1945 -- Education and the war X
- Office of the President 2
- Association of American Colleges 1
- Barrows, Thomas N. 1
- Butterfield, Victor 1
- Harvard University 1
- Knight, Douglas M., 1921-2005 1
- Lawrence University 1
- Methodist Church (U.S.). Board of Education 1
- Navy V-12 Program (U.S.) 1
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (U.S.) 1
- Pusey, Nathan M. (Nathan Marsh) 1
- Smith, Thomas Stevenson 1
- Tarr, Curtis W., 1924- 1
- Wesleyan University (Middletown, Conn.) 1
- Wriston, Henry M. (Henry Merritt), 1889-1978 1 ∧ less