Found in 53 Collections and/or Records:
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of materials documenting the history of Alexander Gymnasiums I and II. The first gymnasium was built in 1901, and the second one was built in 1929. Correspondence, newspaper clippings, programs, and photographs are included in the collection.
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of materials documenting the history of Alice G. Chapman Hall, originally Jason Downer Commons, the location of food services for Lawrence University built in 1968. Correspondence, newspaper clippings, programs, contracts, and photographs are included in the collection. Materials on the Alice G. Chapman Teakwood Room are also included, as well as records documenting the 2011-2013 renovations to the building.
Scope and Contents This collection contains records documenting alumni relations at Lawrence University dating from 1909 to 2005. Administrative records of the Alumni Relations Office such as annual reports, budgets, and subject files documenting special events are included, dating from 1954 to 1999. Subject files documenting topics related to alumni, including records pre-dating the formation of the Alumni Relations Office, are also included.
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of materials documenting the history of Banta Bowl, the site of Lawrence University football games and other athletic events. The Lawrence Bowl was built in 1965 and renamed Banta Bowl in 1978. Correspondence, newspaper clippings, programs, and photographs are included in the collection.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of records of the Board of Trustees at Lawrence University, dating from 1847 to the present. Records include directories and information about members of the board; correspondence; agendas, minutes, and other materials accompanying meetings of the full board, Executive Committee, and other committees of the board.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents This collection consists of records documenting the planning, construction, and dedication of the Buchanan Kiewit Recreation Center (renamed the Buchanan Kiewit Wellness Center in 2011), dating from 1983 to 2011. Records include articles, correspondence, meeting minutes, dedication materials, photographs, and records of the 2010-2011 renovations.
Scope and Contents This collection consists of the by-laws, charter, and amendments of Lawrence University, dating from 1847 to 2015. It includes materials documenting revisions to the by-laws and legal records from the 1964 consolidation with Milwaukee-Downer College. Also included are copies of the bill presented to the legislature of the Wisconsin territory in 1847 and a manuscript and photostatic copy of the charter.
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents This collection consists of records pertaining to the Campus Club, a social club for faculty, administrative officers, and staff at Lawrence, dating from 1929-1969. Records include call lists, receipts, letters and other correspondence.
Scope and Contents This collection is composed of records documenting Lawrence University classes, including Commencement materials, alumni correspondence, photographs, class directories, and retrospective directories developed for reunions. Materials date from the year of the first graduating class in 1857 to the present. A time capsule from the classes of 1961 and 2011, to be opened in 2061, is also included.