Skip to main content

411 East Washington Street, correspondence, photographs, and residential data card, 1953-1997

 File — Box: 2, Folder: 41
Identifier: Folder 41
Stephen and Hazel Rosebush were the owners of the house and sold it to Lawrence and All Saints Episcopal Church in 1958. The house was the location of the Black Cultural Center from 1970 until around 1980, and again during the 1990s until 1997, when the Diversity Center house opened at 207 South Meade St. During the 1980s, the house was known as the Jazz Annex. All Saints Episcopal Church razed the house after 1997.

Dates

  • 1953-1997

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research.

Extent

From the Collection: 0.80 Linear Feet (2 boxes)

Creator

Repository Details

Part of the Lawrence University Archives Repository

Contact:
Seeley G. Mudd Library
113 South Lawe Street
Appleton WI 54911 US
(920) 832-6753