Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Shared Box 27

 Container

Contains 10 Collections and/or Records:

Briggs Hall Collection

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: LU-RG08-021
Scope and Contents This collection consists of records documenting the planning, construction, and dedication of Briggs Hall, dating from 1996 to 1997. Records include articles, dedication materials, and photographs.

Science Hall Collection

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: LU-RG08-023
Scope and Contents This collection consists of records documenting the planning, construction, and dedication of Science Hall (renamed the Thomas A. Steitz Hall of Science in 2010), dating from 1998 to 2002. Records include articles, architectural renderings, and photographs.

Bjorklunden / Boynton home blueprints, 1928 - 1962

 File — Container: Shared Box 27
Scope and Contents This collection contains materials documenting the campus, programs, and operations at Björklunden, the property owned by Lawrence University in Bailey's Harbor, WI. Records date from 1935 to 2015 and include administrative files, oral history interviews with people affiliated with the property, photographs, and subject files. Subjects documented include the buildings and grounds, the 1993 lodge fire and reconstruction, summer seminar programs, and the gifting of the property to Lawrence by...

Floor plan, first floor, undated

 File — Container: Shared Box 27
Identifier: 1
Scope and Contents This collection consists of materials documenting the planning, construction, and renovation of library buildings at Lawrence University. These buildings include the Carnegie Library (1906-1962), the Samuel Appleton-Carnegie Library (1962-1974), and the Seeley G. Mudd Library (1974-present). Correspondence, newspaper clippings, planning documents, contracts, dedication programs, and photographs are included in the collection.

Blueprints, 1925 - 1927

 File — Container: Shared Box 27
Identifier: 2
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of materials documenting the history of Alexander Gymnasiums I and II. The first gymnasium was built in 1901, and the second one was built in 1929. Correspondence, newspaper clippings, programs, and photographs are included in the collection.

Blueprints, circa 1906

 File — Container: Shared Box 27
Identifier: 1
Scope and Contents This collection consists of materials documenting the planning, construction, and renovation of library buildings at Lawrence University. These buildings include the Carnegie Library (1906-1962), the Samuel Appleton-Carnegie Library (1962-1974), and the Seeley G. Mudd Library (1974-present). Correspondence, newspaper clippings, planning documents, contracts, dedication programs, and photographs are included in the collection.

Architect's sketches, 1988

 File — Container: Shared Box 27
Identifier: 1
Scope and Contents This collection consists of records documenting the planning, construction, and dedication of the Wriston Art Center, dating from 1981 to 1990. Records include articles, correspondence, architectural records, and photographs.

Appleton/Lawrence relationship, College Avenue, correspondence, 1901-1974

 File — Multiple Containers
Identifier: Folder 10
Scope and Contents See oversized Proposed College Avenue Improvements, 1973

Campus, Maps, circa 1850s-2002

 File — Multiple Containers
Identifier: Folder 60
Scope and Contents Large maps and copies of Sanborn Fire Insurance maps (1886-1924) stored with oversized materials.

Campus Planning Records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: LU-RG08-019
Scope and Contents This collection contains records documenting campus planning efforts dating from 1926 to 2015. Records of committees; presidents' correspondence; and master development plans for buildings and grounds, such as the 1994 and 2000 reports by Sasaki Associates, are included. Plans and correspondence pertaining to proposed and unrealized buildings are also included.