Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Shared Box 25

 Container

Contains 13 Collections and/or Records:

Floor plans and schematics, 2002

 File — Container: Shared Box 25
Identifier: Folder Oversized
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of materials documenting the history of Lawrence University's residence halls. Ormsby Hall was the first dorm built at Lawrence in 1889, and Hiett Hall is the most current dorm and was built in 2003. Materials in the collection include articles, building plans, correspondence, photographs, and information regarding construction and renovations.

Architectural sketches and floor plans, 1936

 File — Container: Shared Box 25
Identifier: Folder Oversized
Scope and Contents Stored with oversized materials.

Briggs Hall Collection

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: LU-RG08-021
Scope and Contents This collection consists of records documenting the planning, construction, and dedication of Briggs Hall, dating from 1996 to 1997. Records include articles, dedication materials, and photographs.

Buchanan Kiewit Wellness Center Collection

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: LU-RG08-022
Scope and Contents This collection consists of records documenting the planning, construction, and dedication of the Buchanan Kiewit Recreation Center (renamed the Buchanan Kiewit Wellness Center in 2011), dating from 1983 to 2011. Records include articles, correspondence, meeting minutes, dedication materials, photographs, and records of the 2010-2011 renovations.

Science Hall Collection

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: LU-RG08-023
Scope and Contents This collection consists of records documenting the planning, construction, and dedication of Science Hall (renamed the Thomas A. Steitz Hall of Science in 2010), dating from 1998 to 2002. Records include articles, architectural renderings, and photographs.

669 Lawrence Street (pre-1925), Ormsby Annex and infirmary, articles and photographs, 1926-1966

 File — Multiple Containers
Identifier: Folder 24
Scope and Contents The house was built by William Johnson (1811-1894) and purchased by Lawrence in 1902 as an addition to Ormsby Hall, referred to as Ormsby Annex. In 1926 it was reconditioned for use as an infirmary. The housed was razed in 1966.

Floor plans, circa 1948

 File — Container: Shared Box 25
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of materials documenting the history of Stephenson Hall of Science, the home of the Lawrence science department from when it was built in 1898 until it was razed in 1998. Correspondence, newspaper clippings, programs, contracts, and photographs are included in the collection. Materials on the 1948 renovation of the building are also included.

Stansbury Theatre sketch, circa 1959

 File — Container: Shared Box 25
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of materials documenting the history of the Music-Drama Center, the home of the Conservatory of Music and Theatre department that was built in 1959. The collection includes correspondence, building plans, articles about the building, and photographs. Materials on Harper Hall, Cloak and Stansbury Theatres, and Waterman Library are also included.

Architect's sketch, 1966

 Item — Container: Shared Box 25
Identifier: 6
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of materials documenting the history of Lawrence University's residence halls. Ormsby Hall was the first dorm built at Lawrence in 1889, and Hiett Hall is the most current dorm and was built in 2003. Materials in the collection include articles, building plans, correspondence, photographs, and information regarding construction and renovations.